By Trish Tilton
Clare House Volunteer for almost 14 years.
I don’t have money to contribute. I am not talented in any particular way. I am only a small drop in the ocean of life. I do have some time and effort I can contribute.
So I come to Clare House on Wednesday nights to help the crew bag groceries. I do not see the faces of those who benefit from my efforts, but still I feel the gratification of the small contribution I can make to the cause. I could be in the line myself one day, you never know. Life changes so quickly. We are not in control.
We are all connected. We are all one. We are all part of the same energy.
“I am only one,
But still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
But still I can do something.
I will not refuse to do the something
I can do.” Helen Keller
5 Cardinal Rules for Life
1. Make peace with your past, so it won’t disturb your present.
2. What other people think of you is none of your business
3. Time heals almost everything. Give it time.
4. No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
5. Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about.